Once you've settled in your new surroundings, ensure that you complete the following formalities and paperwork.


Admission Formalities

Contact the Registrar or foreign student adviser of the university/institute, or the respective head of the department to take care of the admission formalities.


Medical Examination and AIDS Test

All international students coming to India for studies, need to go through a medical test for AIDS. The Foreigner's Regional Registration Office (FRRO) requires this test as a pre-requisite for obtaining the residence permit form. If the test is done at a government center then it is free of cost, while if taken at a private clinic, the student needs to pay for the cost of the test.


Joining Report

After joining their respective institutes, all students need to send their joining report to NMC.



All students staying in India, longer than 6 months are required to register with FRRO.


The following documents are required at the time of registration with the Foreigners Registration Officer.

  • (i) Photocopy of the passport and initial visa.
  • (ii) Four photographs of the applicant.
  • (iii) Details of residence in India.
  • (iv) HIV test report from one of the WHO recognized institutions for people in the age group of 15 to 60 years, if the foreigner is visiting India on a visa for more than one year.
  • (v) Bona-fide certificate from the University/College/Institution in case of student visa.
  • (vi) Proof of a bank account/ sufficient funds, for non-scholarship students

Various foreign registration offices in India are :-


Head Office:
Neorise Management Consultants C/o SNHN Holdings PTE Ltd. 19, Baghdad Street, Singapore-199658
Contact person : Harsh Agrawal
: info@nmcindia.org


India Operating Offices:
North India Neorise Management Consultants IIE, Bazar No. 2, Golpyau Choraha Bhilwara-311001 (Raj.), India
: +91 1482 238838, (M) +91 94133 46391
: amit@nmcindia.org
Operation Manager : Mohd. Shahid
: +91 92691 86601
: shahid@nmcindia.org
Operation Manager : Pradeep Choudhary
: +91 89554 77699
: pradeep@nmcindia.org


At other places, the Superintendents of police of the Districts are foreigners registration officers. Certificates of registration will be issued by the registration officers.

Foreigners should surrender their certificates of registration to the officer of the place where they are registered or of the place where they intend to depart or to the immigration officer at the port/check post of exit from India. If the certificate is surrendered to anyone other than the immigration officer at the port/check post of exit, the foreigners should produce the receipt indicating such surrender of the document to the immigration officer at the port/check post of exit.

Registration is required to be done only once within the stipulated period, even though you may go out of India on multiple entry facility during the validity of the visa. Only if you enter India on a new visa will you be required to register again.

Foreigners can visit restricted /protected areas only after getting a valid permit as visa alone is not enough to visit such places.


Back to page